Monday, November 24, 2014

A Traumatic Friday ..... in amongst a FUN week!


Hi all my furiends.

I need to share.

Good - I've got your attention.

My uncie had to do stuff - then go away for a little while.... so we looked after my cousins, Scarlet and Zoe for a week. This is a FUN thing. I always get more treats when those two are around.

Then on Friday .... Mum put the red harness on me and I thought we were going for a walk ... but she put me - only me - in the car and we drove to the V-E-T.

For those of you who freak out even at the sight of the V-E-T reception room - look away NOW!

*
*
*

I was OK at this point because I like my new V-E-T.

But this visit mum had to do some paperwork ... and then handed me over (!!!) ... and I got taken "out the back". Shheesh it was confusing and unsettling my furiends.

Then, the V-E-T nurses put me in a cage (without any snacks) and I had to sit and wait for what seemed like 87 hours!

They even took a "mug-shot".

Then things got fuzzy. I was taken to another room, Michael my new V-E-T was there too, and I got a little spot shaved off my front leg, and I can't remember much after that. I do remember that I was not happy though.

The fuzziness started to lift and I found myself back in the cage feeling groggy and sleepy. The nurses were back - patting me, and speaking softly to me. 

My mouth felt funny, my throat was scratchy and my nails were very short.

Meanwhile ... pay attention to this:


Mum went shopping - she went to her favourite "outdoor decoration" shop - you know the type that sells statues and plant pots and stuff.

These sheep she has ALWAYS loved... she thinks they are so cute!


But for Christmas ... the statue place bought a pallet of "mixed dogs". Mum almost had a car crash when she spotted a rather gorgeous statue that caught her eye. Can you PICK which one?? I'll give you a minute to work it out... Worked it out???


She spotted the mini schnauzer and immediately knew she needed to buy it. Here in Australia statues of mini schnauzers (big or small) are really rare. So this is why the car crash nearly happened!

Anywho - she took the FAKE schnauzer home ...


And put her on the patio where Scarlet and Zoe knew immediately that this FAKE was not ME!!! They are very sharp.

So where is Rubie??? (They wanted to know)


ZOE: At least this FAKE schnauzer is not growling at me or terrorising me like Rubie does! I could come to like this arrangement.


***(I'll get you LATER Zoe!!!)***


Fake Schnauzer even got moved inside to the family room ... don't even THINK about pawing through MY TOY-BOX! 

Meanwhile a REPORT REPAWT was being prepared for my release and pick-up.


Mum got a two-page repawt about the horror of my day. The V-E-T  cleaned my teeth and clipped my nails while I was knocked out and could not defend myself. Look how shocked I look on the "mug-shot"

Mum FINALLY arrived 87 hours later and paid the V-E-T receptionist with her plastic card, bought a 1kg bag of Liver Treats (do not think I can be bribed to forgive this day Ma!) and collected me. I barely gave her a glance before wanting to get OUT the V-E-T's front door and go HOME.

I couldn't jump into the car fast enough (and I'm not a huge car fan so THAT is saying something!).


This is where I had the I.V. needle giving me fluids. Totally messed up my leg furs!


Ahhhh home sweet home.

I need to check out that FAKE Schnauzer!


Looks nothing like me!! If anything it is a statue of "ZOE mucky pants!!"


And now lets begin the "Forgive the Ma" program. 

Start passing the Liver Treats.

Then the milk-bones, roo sticks, beef tendons, etc etc etc.

*** I'll notify you Ma .... when you get CLOSE to being forgiven.***











14 comments:

  1. Crikey .... I hope you peed on that fake schnauzer. I would have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Rubie, what a day you had. I agree wiff Charlie…. pee on da fake intruder.
    I think you should get some ice cream for all the poor treatment you had to endure. Yep…. ice cream is da ticket!
    Wags,
    Ranger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe you were ABANDONED at the V-E-T-s to be MISTREATED and then She bought a FAKE schnauzer and THOUGHT you'd be happy with it! Humans get some crazy ideas.

    You hold out for that whole kilo of liver treats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you were very brave...! I hope you got some treats later.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes indeed Rubie, there is a lot of forgiving that you will have to do. A teeth clean AND a fake you. Dreadful.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.
    PS from Gail - at Bertie's last visit to the vet, he was threatened with the sort of treatment Rubie just had if I did not start brushing his teeth. After a rocky start, we are now making good progress with the toothbrush and the liver flavoured toothpaste.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy Rubie. Oh the sneakiness of your mum. Abandoning you at the Vets and then buying a replacement???? What the heck is she thinking. We have RSPCA on speed dial if you need us to call them. Keep up her punishment and demand treats for many more days to come. Good luck Rubie. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  7. MAke her pay - milk it for all it is worth Rubie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, your Ma will be paying for this for a LONG time! She drops you at the V-E-T and then goes and buys a FAKE mini schnauzer while you are "under the knife" (or at least under the teeth cleaner)?!? It sounds like absolute insanity to me. You should drop her off at the nutty farm to have a brain scan.
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness replaced by a fake while at the VETS. That is scary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh, that's just HORRIBLE! I can't believe she would put you through that and then go SHOPPING!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The worse thing about those stiff schnauzers, they are always well behaved. Hope the VET visit was ok
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, what a horrible horrible day, Rubie! We know your mum did it for your health but it was not the best day, wasn't it? Good thingy is it's over!

    Wow, we are amazed by these fake doggies and look!! I, Pinot, found ME on left side!!! :D

    Momo & Pinot xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the warning to look away, bcuz we HATE going to the V-E-T and when we are there it is never good! I had to have a tooth pulled so I know having dental work is NOOOOOO fun at all.

    And Rubie, just what is up with Mom bringing home that FAKE doggie statue?? You better not let the V-E-T knock you out anymore bcuz your Mom kind of goes a bit crazy and does strange things.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hear the V-E-T is pretty C-U-T-E maybe your mum will take you again watch out Rubes!!!

    ReplyDelete

I do a Big Tail Wuggle when I get your comment!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...